Thursday, May 29, 2008

Barbeque!

I went to a BBQ last night with my German Buddy and all of her friends. Es macht viel spaß!! (It was really fun). But I forgot my camera, so I'll just have to describe it!

The Food:
We grilled on three tiny, mini BBQ's that came out of boxes! I had something called Schweinbach which is thinly sliced pork, marinaded in a spicy rub and then wrapped around skewers! It was really good. I also tasted my first "official" kraut and I surprisinly liked it. We also had lots of breads and noodle salads and really tasty Kartoffel (Potato) Salads. So far, I'm a fan of German food! I also had my first taste of German beer! Unfortunetly, I still don't like it. I guess, it's not THAT much better in Germany! =)

The Entertainment:
Everyone is so active here! Everyone participated in games like volleyball, soccer, football and a few irregular games. Surprisingly, many of the boys liked to play American football! That was silly to watch because none of them were very good! But one of the boys knew Boise State and Ian Johnson! Haha, he asked me if I was his cheerleader wife! =)

1 comment:

Alisha Beverly said...

I can't believe they know who Ian Johnson is! That's crazy!