Monday, June 23, 2008

Denmark and Sweden

Last weekend, I made the 6 hour journey to Copenhagen, Denmark. Then on Sunday we traveled up to Malmö, which is in Sweden. What a great place to visit and experience!! Everything was so different!! And EXPENSIVE!! Whoo! I never loved the Euro so much till I went to Skandinavian countries!

Copenhagen, Denmark-Friday and Saturday

Who needs London!? You can stand next to BEAUTIFUL guards outside the royal palace in Denmark!! I didn't try to make him laugh...I was too scared!

This is a royal castle nestled in the "King's Garden" right in the middle of downtown Copenhagen. The royal family doesn't live in this one, but I did see the one that they stay in during summer! Pretty cool!!

Copenhagen's City Hall


That tiny person?? Yea, that's me standing in front of the giant court house. Luckily no one came to take me away for loitering...

Copenhagen has strange STRANGE art. This is only one example. Alyssa likes to think that she smashed it...but we all know the truth.

On our Boat Tour through the canals of Copenhagen! It goes...Annie, Alyssa, Trevor and Jane

Me and Super Scott!

Malmö, Sweden-Sunday

I don't know what this says or means...but I do know that the Swedes are weirdos...



This is the Turning Torso! It's a very sophisticated apartment building where the entire thing is twisted right around! We got to go down into the gallery at the bottom and see examples of the apartments. Very nice. Also, the tallest building in Sweden!!

We went into a Castle that had been converted into a Museum. This is one part of the King's chambers. Probably wrote all sorts of important things here.

1 comment:

Alisha Beverly said...

I think you should have poked that guard.

I love that picture of you on the court house steps. It really shows how massive that building really is.

That twisted building is unreal! I bet it would take some getting used to to live in it.