Sunday, June 29, 2008

Last Week in Lüneburg

I can't believe it's already here. We're already getting ready to leave Lüneburg. It's crazy how quickly this has all gone. I leave tomorrow morning at 8:30 to go to Berlin and go on a tour of the city with my classmates for 3 days. Then on the 4th of July, I fly home to Boise! This has truly been a life changing experience for me and I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to come here.

Here are some of the last activities we did in Lüneburg.
One last group shot by the "beach"

Saying goodbye to the best Buddy ever! Marina showed me the real side of Germany and helped me practice my German speaking every time we got together!

Having a staring contest with Quattlebaum. He kicked my butt. It's not my fault he has such a funny face.

These lovely ladies made us a Farewell Spargel Dinner! Spargel is white German asparagus and is a real specialty in Northern Germany. You boil the Spargel and then wrap it with thin pieces of Schinken (cured ham that is kind of like eating raw bacon...it's weird) and then you mash potatoes around it and drench it in Hollandaise Sauce. It's AMAZING! We all got together at a friends house and came dressed up and ate lots of Spargel!
Enjoying some of the wonderful Spargel. They didn't get too dressed up...but we let them eat anyway.

Everyone spent a large portion of this night trying to stack these beer bottles on top of each other while on top of a ground light. Everyone failed. But I was not so easily swayed. So I painstakingly spent at least 10 minutes trying to figure it out. Just when I thought it was hopeless....all 4 bottles stayed upright. This is the victory pose of the exact moment!!
Last Friday was our friend Jeff's 21st birthday. This is the cake that I agreed to make him. I didn't have any cake pans...so they got made in 2 large pots!! It turned out good though!! =)

1 comment:

Alisha Beverly said...

I love that picture of you and Marina. Its super cute!

Spargel sounds interesting. I wonder if I would like it? I would like to try some of that white asparagus though. Yummy!

I love that beer skyscraper! That is so funny! Tear, I'm so proud of you!

You know what's funny? I hardly recognize you in those pictures. What's with the glasses? Are those yours? Why are you wearing them? And when did you get that sweater? I don't remember you getting that in Boise or you wearing it! And I think that scarf totally throws me off too. See! Its a good thing your coming home soon because my memory of my own sister is beginning to fade!